Monday, October 7, 2013

DIY Floral Sequins Skirt


This summer I finally bought something at a thrift store that I remade. Have you ever bought things that were maybe too big or weren't just right? You just tell yourself  "I'll fix it!" Well I always do that! I buy clothes on sale or at the thrift store that are too cheap to pass up and then they just end up in my pile of things to bring to the tailor or things I should alter myself and it just never happens!!! So I was so proud of myself this summer when I purchased this skirt, which initially, was a giant dress for $25 dollars and snipped it the same day. I think that's what I need to do! Promise myself that I have to do it the day of or things just fall into the "pile of doom". The top half is going to be a crop top, but I have yet to come around to it.







                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 If you custom tailor your clothes to fit, the rule of thumb is, a skirt should fall no longer than below your knees, or as a designer taught me "it should fall right where your legs are the skinnest and for most of us it IS below the knee! ha! Makes so much sense, trim your skirts and see how much difference it makes!  I recently trimmed a skirt a few inches to get the "below the knee " fit but with this skirt I thought the longer length gave it a more vintage feel, which was exactly what I was looking for.


 Before I say bye, the last picture is  a great way to show how you can incorporate florals from summer to fall. Also by adding a layer of outwear, you can easily transform summer into fall. Thamarr did that with a faux leather jacket. I highly recommend a blazer and scarf or a leather jacket. Leather or faux leather instantly give a cool factor to any outfit! I just received my first real leather jacket for my birthday, from the hubs and I'm so so in love !!! I'll share soon, until then Happy Monday!!!



No comments: