Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New York Fashion Week :: Jen Kao



In complete darkness at the New York Library with no flashes allowed, Jen Kao debuted her glow in the dark SS13 designs . The geometric shapes on T-shirt and tanks the first few mintutes were captivating though impossible to capture via video on my Iphone. Loved Jen's simple design, innovative shapes and intricate details. 

I was running really late, didn't get to take too many pictures. But did get to catch Susie from Style Bubble arrive. (what a blogging icon!) Before I could approach her she was out the door I'm guessing to her next show. 


Here in Vintage 1920s attire paired with (the designer that goes with everything) Louboutin. 



  My good friend Jason (Jen's cousin) who is always well put together.


At the Glow-In-The-Dark after party at Le Baron. 


Me in another vintage piece at the after party. Love, love it. This dress is the perfect travel piece, I have already made it into several  different looks. Including with straps, without straps, maxi skirt and midi skirt. Easily transformed by simply layering sweaters or the always reliable chambray shirt from Jcrew on top. You can even add a belt for a more snitch waist. 


                                                                                                   
Fall is my favorite season, can't wait to layer on the sweaters and scarves! I will likely update with more detail on this lace dress. It's just too beautiful and sadly I couldn't capture it. 
Thanks for reading. 

:: Outfit ::
Dress :: Lace tea-dyed vintage 1920's 
Jewelry :: Necklace x3, watch, and bracelets x2 all 1920's vintage pieces. 
Purse :: Vintage 1920's 
(Did I mention I liked the 20's a little bit?)
Shoes ::  Christian Louboutin 
Second dress: Vintage


1 comment:

Unknown said...

absolutely love the dress ! You're missing the mink shawl :D