Wednesday, September 12, 2012

chunky monkey

When I saw this chunky monkey I had to have it and knew it was the perfect layering essential.   This vest is the perfect amount of chunkiness for a late summer/early fall piece over summer dresses. It will work well when the weather gets a bit more chilly and you can layer on even more chunky sweaters!!!



 I did a little dance as we walked to Shake Shack for dinner because the weather is perfect. Time to pull out the boots and the scarves!!! 




 I found this vest at the back of a Second Time Around, $29. For those of you who are not familiar with STA it's a consignment shop and the one close to me has the best finds. They have a few vintage pieces there as well. I bought this vintage dress the same day. 


Since I have so many dresses, I'm starting to layer all of them with sweaters to transition them into fall looks. 


 My fall love boots, peep toe booties. 













Thank you so much for reading! 

:: Outfit :: 

Dress :: Vintage 
Vest :: Loft (STA, here
Sunglasses :: Rayban: here
Belt :: J-crew: here
Bracelet :: Gold: Canal St. $7
Silver :: Sowa 
Watch ::  Vintage Gucci: (flipped into bracelet)
Shoes: Vince (old) 




4 comments:

Marley said...

Thanks for the advice! i would have never thought of pairing summer outfits and chunky sweaters! YAY going to take advantage of this now before it gets too cold.

Mai Style Pages said...

You are welcome Marley. Glad you enjoy the pairing! Hope you can start layering your summer dresses with sweaters. It makes the wallet happy too!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, i love this outfit a lot! Now i have to find a similar vest like that to do my pairing hehe :) Tiki

Mai Style Pages said...

Tiki, when the weather gets cooler I will have to bring out my DVF structured vest. I think you will love it.