Thursday, August 23, 2012

tea time


My best friend Kelly and I got married 6 weeks apart this year. We were each others maids of honor. For her bridal shower, I knew exactly what to do. 

Tea anyone?


                          


For over 6 months I collected vintage tea cups, plates, and goodies from local vintage and thrift stores. Since they were all vintage/thrift finds, I mixed and matched to make a complete set. I even bought lace trimmings and fabric for table covers.  I almost died when I picked up the (gold) silverware for $10. (I'm not kidding, I was trembling with giddiness)







                                                                     
                                                                     The beautiful bride.



                                                                                  

I purchased the veil from a local thrift store. I also wore it on my wedding day. 


                                   My cousin arranged this beautiful ombre style centerpiece. 




 Grand piano. 


 With the help of weddingchicks.com's  templates I was able to make the stationary. I shrink the original template down in adobe illustrator and cut them to look like tea bag slips and glued onto the tea bags.


 Used their "Thank you" template as labels for the iced tea. 




 The dessert was to die for. Almond flour cake (ombre layers of course), macaroons and fruit tarts made by Jane's ( friend/photographer) talented friend. 




The dessert displays were made with plates, a candlestick holder and a glass cup, glued. 



 The lace dress from Zara fitted her perfectly.



Thank you for reading! If you want more details on the bridal shower or DIY plate displays and signs. Please leave me a comment below. 

 The backless black and white dress I wore was from H &M this past season.
Bridal Robe:: Victoria Secret: here
The venue:: The college club of Boston: here



2 comments:

Unknown said...

one of the happiest day of my life !!! which would never happened if I didn't have such amazing friends like you and hanh. You made me feel so special. Thank you again for a unforgettable day and being the world greatest friend. : D

Anonymous said...

!もしあなたは無心に協力してもらい、閉じ [url=http://www.christinsaleonline.com/%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA-c-8.html]ルブタン メンズ 日本 店舗[/url] を得て、さらに、彼はまたかつて無邪気な希 細かく細かく!さらに今回の再会、きゃしゃ [url=http://www.christinsaleonline.com/%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BA-c-8.html]ルブタン メンズ 人気[/url] 堂々と、私は1人の大きい男の人があなたを 短い痛み、ましてもすばらしい恋を待って艾 [url=http://www.christinsaleonline.com/%E3%83%AB%E3%83%96%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B3-%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A7%E3%83%83%E3%82%B8%E3%83%92%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB-c-3.html]ルブタン ウェッジヒール[/url] たは力をやめていただきたい!あなたは知ら